Vehicle Assembly Technician
Vehicle Assembly Technician
Who are we?
We are experts in front-line Accident and Emergency vehicles, Passenger Transportation vehicles, and Emergency Response vehicles. We are proud to support our NHS by designing and building emergency vehicles and are currently in an exciting period of growth, looking for enthusiastic new team members who will share our pride in manufacturing these lifesaving vehicles.
What you’ll be doing?
In the role, you will be responsible for supporting the production line assembly process, and manufacturing our specialist vehicles to a consistently high standard.
What will make you a good candidate?
Great organisational skills. There can be a lot happening here at any given moment and nothing can afford to slip through the gaps. Day-to-day you won’t be micromanaged, so you need to be able to structure your workload independently.
A motivated, forward-thinking, and ambitious personality with a desire to make a difference and be part of a growing business.
Be a nice person to work with.
Main Responsibilities and Requirements
- All areas of exterior and interior trim, standard and additional elements as part of the conversion – such as fitting vehicle flooring, seats, tracking, vents, and window fitting.
- Lightweight construction and assembly of in-vehicle storage facilities.
- Able to work with all types of trim material, mild steel, s/steel, aluminium, fiberglass, composite, plywood, ABS, general plastics, vinyl, and carpet.
- Ability to use a variety of consumable materials, polyester filler, sealants, panel wipe, glues, aerosol paints, and primers.
- Ability to use a good range of hand and power tools.
- Working in line with Company standards and H&S requirements.
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Previous experience working in a Vehicle Fitter/Bodybuilding role is preferred but not essential.
- Good attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Experience working independently, and being supportive within a wider team.
- Good communicator both verbally and written.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, right-first-time attitude.
What we offer
- The opportunity to work with some of the most committed and motivated people you could hope to work with.
- An environment where honesty, communication, and initiative are always recognised and valued.
- A chance to develop yourself into an integral long-standing member of our business.
- Great benefits, including:
– a 4-day working week, Monday – Thursday 6:30 am – 16:30 pm
– Company pension
– Retail discounts for employees
– Life assurance
– 22 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays (pro-rata for 4 days a week)
– Employee Assistance Programme for employees
– Competitive pay and enhanced Overtime pay rates
– In house training